Description of the Position
- This individual communicates with current customers, typically over the phone and via email, in order to improve sales of the company’s products and/or services by receiving and up-selling orders, ensuring customer happiness, and providing value to the customer’s purchasing experience. To guarantee that targets are accomplished, collaborates with outside sales. Owns a book of accounts, most likely.
- Obtains orders via email and phone calls, verifies and enters items, transfers orders to fulfilment, and informs customers of stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
- Increases orders by recommending relevant goods, describing benefits, and reviewing the customer’s previous purchases.
- Owns, qualifies, and develops marketing, outside sales, and national account possibilities.
- Identifies strategies to enhance processes in a constant manner.
- Prepares, creates, and tracks verbal or written quotes in order to acquire orders or investigate the cause of order loss.
- Review open client order reports and take action on open items, especially those that may put the customer’s guaranteed delivery date in jeopardy.
- Maintains the backorder report for the distribution system, as well as the accompanying customer expediting report and alerts, as well as customer notification.
- Management is informed about market developments, competitive pricing, and consumer feedback.
- Knowledge and expertise in sales and sales administration are required; higher level knowledge and abilities are still being acquired, but the candidate is a fully capable and productive professional contributor (2-3 years).
- Ability to conduct basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- It is preferred that you have a bachelor’s degree.
- The ability to accomplish numerous things at the same time.
- Ability to work in a group setting.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both vocally and in writing.
- The devil is in the details.
- Ability to prospect and sell ideas to existing and potential new customers.
- Ability to take action and tackle a variety of situations that are challenging but not complex.
- Identifies and identifies issues and potential solutions on their own; selects from a list of options.
- Ability to operate in a self-contained environment with little supervision.
- WESCO International, Inc. (“WESCO”), as well as its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. WESCO does not discriminate against employment applicants or employees because of their age, race, religion, colour, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status. Recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, pay, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination are all covered by this policy.
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a FORTUNE 250 company, is a leading provider of B2B distribution, logistics, and supply chain management solutions. Pro forma annual sales in 2019 were above $17 billion, including the acquisition of Anixter International in June 2020.
Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions are all part of WESCO’s best-in-class product and service offering. Over 18,000 employees work for the organisation, which has partnerships with over 30,000 suppliers and serves over 150,000 consumers throughout the world. WESCO delivers creative solutions to fulfil client demands across commercial and industrial organisations, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities, with approximately 1.5 million goods, end-to-end supply chain services, and leading digital capabilities.
WESCO has approximately 800 branch and warehouse facilities in over 50 countries, allowing clients to benefit from a local presence as well as a worldwide network to support multi-location enterprises and multinational corporations.
WESCO is a global company that builds, connects, powers, and protects the planet. Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical security are just a few of the technologies we can supply.